Thursday, March 28, 2024

Celebrating the beginning of something wonderful!

This is the time to mark the beginning of something: just as it gets underway. The well-known Sherlock Holmes author, Mike Adamson, and I have been talking about collaborating for some time, and in the last ten days we've made a strong start with two stories that are out on submission at this time. 

Of course, I have the highest hopes for those stories -- to begin with, I definitely believe that Mike and I do our best work when we work together, and it'll be interesting to see how this shakes down. (I designed, built and illustrated his website there, and I perform most of his editing.)

There's nothing firm to report at this point, sales-wise, but everything has to start somewhere. The acorn syndrome. The two stories we've produced recently are a horror piece and a climate change SF tale. 

If anything comes of them, I'll return to this post with an update, and if not -- there are so many more stories to be told, and I believe we have a promising future as cowriters. With no skerrick of doubt, something will bear fruit.

At the very least, this is going to be interesting. And there is a dreadful understatement! 

In other news, my shocking case of writer's block shows early signs of ending at last. Hurrying it along is the acquisition of a new tool (or toy if you prefer). We got a fantastic deal on powerful 10" tablet with its own Bluetooth keyboard, and I couldn't resist. If this doesn't restore my desire to actually write, rather than blogging and editing, nothing will! The stories are right there, burbling in my imagination, about one millimetre under the surface; they just haven't been able to get out in ... oh, a long time. Too long, in fact. Time to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pearls That Were His Eyes

First Published in Shorelines of Infinity #11; Reprinted in Lockdown SciFi #3. Tom Mallory watched fear twist the rookies’ faces for an i...