Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Poem: A Trick of the Light

 


One dawn I went a-walking
Through springtime woods, so fair;
My tired eyes roved, a-seeking
For rest and peace -- and there,
Upon a stone 'twixt flowers
There sat a figure, small...
I can't have seen what I just saw!
Didn't glimpse her there at all!

My weary soul was needing
A charge of hope, or zest;
What magicks had been leading
Me to that glade? The best
Was yet to come -- she saw me,
And for one second smiled
'Fore fading into sunbeams
And leaving me beguiled...

I didn't see what I just saw --
A trick of dancing light,
And tired eyes, and weary soul...
I was mistaken. Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pearls That Were His Eyes

First Published in Shorelines of Infinity #11; Reprinted in Lockdown SciFi #3. Tom Mallory watched fear twist the rookies’ faces for an i...