Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Jen Downes Writes ... in fact, she's been writing for some time!


 A new blog ... but not quite a blog. To me, a blog is a kind of journal, in which you should write regularly, or at least often. The trouble with that proposition is, it soon becomes a chore. I've been running three or four blogs over the years -- travel, art, personal -- and somehow it's too difficult to maintain a commitment to them. So, a new idea.

This isn't an old-fashioned blog; it uses the Blogger platform and template system, because that's what I know best, but in fact this is an anthology of miscellany. Stories, poems, art, anthologized where it can be found and enjoyed -- by me, if nothing else. The stories that have been published long ago and then forgotten can find a second life here, along with all the poems and "drabbles" I write for the fun of it, which don't get shared, and read. 

This will be a place for me to keep track of myself as the years pass by ... and my goodness, how they pass by! And since we're starting at Halloween, why not start with a Halloween story? That sounds like a plan, so here we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pearls That Were His Eyes

First Published in Shorelines of Infinity #11; Reprinted in Lockdown SciFi #3. Tom Mallory watched fear twist the rookies’ faces for an i...